WALT: We are learning about conjunctions and how to use them in sentences.
Highlight the conjunctions RED in the sentences below
- We went home and went straight to bed.
- They are rich but they aren’t happy.
- We went home because we were tired.
- We went home early, so we missed the end of the concert.
- We went home when Jane wanted to.
- We went home before the concert ended.
- We went home after Max Jones had sung his first song.
- We went home although / though we did not really want to.
- We will go home if we are tired.
e.g - Gene can go to school because he’s not sick anymore
Gene can go to school only if she's not sick.
Lena has a sore foot so she can’t go outside only if she’s better.
Katareina won't be going to the movies only if she cleans her room.
Sione can ride his bike only if he cleans the house
Sally climbed a tree because she wanted to explore.
Kyle walked home from school only if his parents didn't pick him up.
Simon was full from dinner because he ate everything on his plate.
Anna watched her sister play rugby because she was bored.
Scott was in charge of coaching only if he behaved.
Shelley played ripper rugby because she loved it.
Today we learnt about conjunctions. Conjunctions join two parts
of a sentence and help to show the connection between the two
parts of the sentence. Here are examples of conjunctions you
can use in your sentences.